Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Help

Allen and I saw The Help this fine Saturday evening. 
I loved it.... and in the same breathe was filled with such frustration. It is a fantastic movie, just really hard to watch at times. Sometimes the truth is hard to watch I guess. What a difficult time for our country. Difficult truth aside, it was quite funny at times and certainly entertaining! 
I give it an 8 out of 10. 
We both enjoyed it and would certainly watch again. Definitely worth your $10 at the theaters. 
(Do I sound like an old person when I exclaim that "I can't believe movies cost $10 a person!!")

Happy Saturday!!

PS. Allen and I had our first Detroit adventure today... I know you are dying to hear what we discovered!

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this movie on saturday! I had finished reading the book a few days before, and it followed the book really well. I loved the cast... Hilly and Celia were my favorite. They were perfect. Other than them cutting out one of my favorite scenes in the book, I loved it. I realized when reading the book that I was pretty ignorant when it comes to the south in the 50s/60s... it is crazy how recent all of this was. Our moms were like 10-15 years old when all of this was going down!

    ReplyDelete