Friday, August 12, 2011

Let me explain...

I have been a little all over the map... literally. 
My head has just stopped spinning from so much action and I can now focus on the blog world. 
"I have really missed you blog world." 
Since I live so far away from so many people that I love, blogs help me to stay in touch. I love to be updated on what is going on back home. 

A month ago we packed up our stuff and drove away from our beloved Charlotte.
North Carolina will always hold a special place in my heart. We love, love, loved living there. It is so beautiful and full of the most wonderful people. 

Next we drove northward to Michigan.


We had a frantic two days searching for housing. Not a happy two days. Since half of the city is crumbling to pieces, we first needed to find a structurally sound building. Detroit is a gem of a city. (notice the sarcasm) I have yet to find the magic in Detroit. I am, however, determined to find the magic and the beauty here. Give me some time and I will report back. 

Then vacation began!
Utah for a week.



Then off to Arizona for a week and a half.


with a pit stop in Sedona.


And now weeks later, we are back to reality. Sort of. 
Detroit doesn't feel like reality just yet. Hopefully that will come.



I am so very close to completion of the unpacking game. Our Detroit flat is starting to feel like home. 
Soon I will get some pictures to share our new home with you. 


2 comments:

  1. Whoa Rachel!!? So I'm guessing Allen got accepted to go to school there? The Detroit Temple is beautiful! You'll find the magic - you seem to have a way of it. ;) So excited for you!

    ...and if you need a friendly get-away, Aimee lives in Ann Arbor. (It's only about 1 1/2 hours away.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I know how you feel when you say you don't feel like it is home yet, I'm in the same position having just moved and still trying to get use to it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete