Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review

I just finished reading
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak

I am a little bit of a World War II history buff. And when I say a little bit, I really mean that I am completely fascinated by every piece of information I can soak into my brain. Allen and I actually began to fall in love by watching Band of Brothers once a week. Super Romantic.
The Book Thief is set in Nazi Germany and centered around a young girl who lives with her foster parents. Looking through the eyes of our young heroine you can see a unique perspective on what life was like for those who lived in the heart of the Nazi Party. To look at such a harsh reality through the eyes of a child brings new meaning, new emotions, and fresh respect for those who opposed injustice. I found so much strenghth and determination in her character. The book outlines what it means to stand up for something you believe in while a stronger force is pushing you down. It is a reminder of what is really important and what you can take with you.

I highly recommend for your next read.

In fact, why don't you make it your next read by entering my first
 GIVEAWAY!!!
I have a fresh, brand new copy of 
The Book Thief 
just waiting to be in your hands!


All you have to do is follow my blog!
(click the follow button on the right side of my blog)


One week from today I will put the names of all my wonderful followers into a hat and choose one lucky winner! 


So....
 Follow the Scent of Chocolate!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for giveaways. Especially if they're books:).I love this blog. It's fun to keep up on you. And I very much appreciate the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the poetic imagery in that book. The author created beauty out of an ugly time in history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy and I talk about how we feel like real grown ups now that we bought a house. Because getting married and having two kids doesn't make you a grown up or anything, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this book! I loved the 'narrator' and everything I learned in it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete