Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Discovering Detroit

The Eastern Market

In efforts to find the magic in Detroit, we ventured to Detroit's famous Eastern Market. 
There was certainly something magical about it! We had a fantastic time and left with all kinds of goodies. I am quite excited to venture back... I had my eye on some olive oil and some homemade salsa.


Detroit is full of wall art... or entire-side-of-a-building art. I can't get enough of it. I think I am going to start pulling over on the side of the road to take pictures of all the cool art. I think I should learn how to tag walls. Is that wrong?
Here is some of the art from the Eastern Market.



This nut shop had nuts galore! We came home with some praline peanuts. 
I have a sweet tooth... leave me alone.




It was a happy day indeed. 
We also got some enormous cheese danishes that blew my mind. No picture because we devoured them.


1 comment:

  1. Rachel – There you are! I've missed your blogs and wondered where in the world (literally) you might be.

    Detroit?! Really?! How did that happen?

    The last time I was in Detroit was for work. My connecting flight was delayed so I had to switch planes and airlines. I arrived at 2:00 in the morning with no luggage. United blamed it on Delta and Delta blamed it on United. I got locked in the Thrifty Rental Car parking lot at 3:00 in the morning. And it was snowing.

    I did not make up any of that. But you'll love Detroit. Leave it Rachel and Alan to find everything good about it – and you will.

    Keep us posted. I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

    Hugs,

    Patti

    ReplyDelete